0800 135 7323

Welcome to
Tax Accountant Coventry

Specialist Tax Consultancy

Tax Accountants Coventry is a part of a network of experienced professionals and proactive accountants. We offer a wide range of accounting and tax services; Contact us today to discuss your requirements

Get Professional Help for Your Business



Welcome to Tax Accountant Coventry. If you are looking for help with business registration, bookkeeping, accounting, self-assessment tax return, VAT or PAYE compliance or company tax return, you have just come to the right place. Accountants Coventry is part of one of the UK growing network and have access to unlimited experts. Our Accountants are qualified and have diversified experience in every sector. From start-up to tax evasion investigations, our qualified team of Tax Accountants Coventry will help you at every step, and you will foresee the difference from the very first meeting.

We have been trusted by individuals, sole traders, and small businesses looking for local accountants and affordable fees. We continue to grow with the help of more than 35 branches in our nationwide network. Tax Accountant Coventry acts as a local accountant in Coventry. You need not go far, and we can make inquiries online. If you need to meet, we can set up a business meeting in your city. As a valued client, we promise to give you the best customer service and tailored solutions according to your needs. Our advice is absolutely free to all of our clients.

Let us take care of your business

Few ways to contact us

Get in Touch

Call us on

Meet Online

Book an Online

Visit Us

Visit Local
Tax Accountant

Switch Accountant

Call us on

Who We Are ?

We Are Professional Accountants, Tax Advisors and Business Consultants

Our team consists of highly qualified accountants, Ex HMRC Tax Inspectors and industry known business consultants

Personal Tax Services

Trust our tax experts to save you time, money, and hassle on your personal taxes. Call us to discuss your perosnal tax planning.

Business Tax Services

As business do not miss out on the opportunity of claiming certain reliefs and tax planning. Call us for business tax advice.

Specialist Tax Services

Our tax advisors have the experience, skills and expertise to handle complex tax matters and tax investigations

Tax Appeal Services

Our tax expertsprovide authoritative guidance and advocacy in appealing unfair or inaccurate tax assessments.

Choose the best Personal Tax Accountant

If you are self-employed or have a small business, let our team of best accountants and tax advisors take care of your accounting and tax compliance 


We are here to help you with any questions you may have

Record keeping is a crucial aspect of managing your taxes effectively. To ensure you’re prepared for your self-assessment, it’s essential to maintain accurate records of your financial transactions. This includes documents such as bank statements, invoices, receipts, and payslips. As a general rule, you should retain these records for a minimum of 6 years after the 31 January submission deadline for the relevant tax year. This is because HMRC may request that your records be seen as part of a tax investigation. By keeping your records organized and easily accessible, you’ll be better prepared to respond to any inquiries and avoid potential penalties. If you need clarification on which records are most important for your specific situation, consider seeking guidance from a knowledgeable tax advisor. They can help you develop a record-keeping system that meets your needs and ensures you’re complying with all relevant tax regulations. Remember, investing time in maintaining accurate records can save you significant stress and potential financial consequences in the long run.

As a self-employed individual, you can claim a variety of expenses that can help reduce your overall tax bill. These expenses must be wholly and exclusively incurred for the purpose of running your business. Some common examples include:

  • Office costs: Rent, utilities, and equipment
  • Travel expenses: Mileage, public transportation, and accommodation
  • Stock and raw materials: Items purchased for resale or use in your products/services
  • Marketing and advertising: Website costs, business cards, and promotional materials
  • Professional fees: Accountancy, legal, and other consultancy services

To claim these expenses, you must maintain accurate records and keep receipts as proof of the transactions. It’s important to note that if you work from home, you can only claim a portion of your utility bills based on the space and time dedicated to your business. A tax consultant can provide valuable advice on maximizing your expense claims while ensuring you stay within the boundaries of what is allowed by HMRC. They can also help you navigate more complex areas, such as capital allowances for equipment purchases and the rules surrounding entertainment expenses. By carefully tracking your expenses and seeking professional guidance when needed, you can minimize your tax liability and keep more of your hard-earned money.

Juggling multiple jobs can make managing your taxes more complicated, but with the right knowledge and support, you can ensure you’re paying the correct amount. The key to success is understanding how your tax code impacts your income from each job. Your tax code is an essential piece of information that tells your employer how much tax to deduct from your pay. If you have multiple jobs, it’s crucial to make sure your tax code is accurate for each one. This is because you may be allocated a different tax code for each job, depending on your expected income and personal allowance.

To ensure you’re paying the right amount of tax, regularly review your payslips from each job. If you notice that you need to pay more or less tax, contact HMRC to inform them about your situation. They can adjust your tax code accordingly, helping to prevent any surprises when it comes time to file your self-assessment.

If you’re finding it challenging to manage your taxes across multiple jobs, consider seeking the help of a qualified tax accountant. They can:

  • Review your payslips and tax codes to ensure accuracy
  • Help you understand how your income from each job affects your overall tax position
  • Assist with completing your self-assessment tax return
  • Offer guidance on claiming relevant expenses and deductions

By proactively managing your taxes and seeking professional support when needed, you can confidently navigate the complexities of having multiple income streams.

When it comes to understanding your taxes, two key concepts are essential: your personal allowance and your tax code. Let’s break these down:

Personal Allowance:

  •  The amount of income you can earn tax-free each year
  •  For the 2023/2024 tax year, the standard personal allowance is £12,570
  •   If your income exceeds £100,000, your personal allowance starts to be reduced

Tax Code:

  • A combination of numbers and letters that tells your employer how much tax to deduct from your pay
  • Reflects your personal allowance and any other tax-related factors, such as taxable benefits or multiple jobs
  • Most commonly, your tax code will be your personal allowance plus a letter (e.g., 1257L)
  • If you have multiple jobs or receive taxable benefits, you may have a BR (Basic Rate), D0 (Higher Rate), or D1 (Additional Rate) tax code.

If you believe you have paid too much tax, you may be entitled to a refund. There are a few ways to go about getting your money back:

Contact HMRC Directly:

  • Call HMRC’s Income Tax helpline and explain your situation
  • They will guide you through the process and let you know what information they need to process your refund
  •  If HMRC agrees that you’ve overpaid, they will typically issue your refund via cheque or bank transfer

Submit an Amended Self Assessment:

  • If you’ve already filed your self-assessment tax return and later realize you’ve overpaid, you can submit an amended return.
  • Log in to your HMRC online account and navigate to the relevant tax year.
  • Make the necessary changes to your return, making sure to include any additional information or evidence to support your claim.
  • Submit your amended return, and if HMRC agrees with your changes, they will process your refund.

Renting out a room in your home can be a great way to earn some extra income, but it’s important to be aware of the tax implications. Here’s what you need to know:

Rent a Room Scheme:

  • If you rent out furnished accommodation in your main home, you may be eligible for the Rent-a-Room Scheme
  • Under this scheme, you can earn up to £7,500 per year tax-free (or £3,750 if you’re letting jointly)
  • You don’t need to do anything to claim this relief – it’s applied automatically if you qualify

Exceeding the Threshold:

  • If your rental income exceeds the £7,500 threshold, you have two options:
  1. Pay tax on the excess income (i.e., the amount over £7,500)
  2. Pay tax on your total rental income minus any allowable expenses
  • Allowable expenses can include things like utility bills, cleaning costs, and mortgage interest (but not mortgage payments)
  • You’ll need to complete a self-assessment tax return to declare your rental income and claim any expenses.

Providing Additional Services:

  • If you provide additional services to your tenant (e.g., meals, laundry, or cleaning), the Rent a Room Scheme may not apply.
  • In this case, you’ll need to declare your rental income and claim expenses on your self-assessment tax return.

Inheriting money from a loved one can be a complex and emotional process, and it’s natural to have questions about the tax implications. Here’s a general overview of what you need to know:

Inheritance Tax:

  • Inheritance Tax (IHT) is a tax on the estate (property, money, and possessions) of someone who has passed away
  • The current IHT threshold (also known as the nil-rate band) is £325,000
  • If the total value of the estate is below this threshold, no IHT is typically due
  • Anything above the threshold is taxed at 40% (or 36% if the deceased left at least 10% of their net estate to charity)

Exemptions and Reliefs:

  • Gifts between spouses or civil partners are typically exempt from IHT.
  • If the deceased’s main residence is passed on to their direct descendants (children, grandchildren, etc.), an additional nil-rate band of £175,000 may apply.
  • Certain business assets, agricultural property, and heritage assets may also be eligible for relief from IHT.

Inheriting as a Beneficiary:

  • If you’re a beneficiary of an estate, you generally don’t need to pay any tax on the money or assets you inherit
  • However, if the estate’s value exceeds the IHT threshold and the tax has yet to be paid before the assets are distributed, you may need to pay a portion of the tax due.

Given the potential complexities, it’s often wise to seek guidance from a tax consultant. They can help you understand your obligations, claim any available reliefs or exemptions, and ensure that the necessary tax is paid correctly and on time. By seeking expert tax advice, you can navigate the inheritance process with greater clarity and peace of mind. 

Falling behind on your taxes can be a stressful experience, but it’s important to remember that you have options and support available. Here’s what you should do if you find yourself in this situation:

Don’t Ignore the Problem:

  • It can be tempting to ignore the issue and hope it goes away, but this will only make things worse in the long run
  • The sooner you take action, the more options you’ll have for resolving your tax debt

Gather Your Records:

  • Collect all the relevant information and documents related to your tax situation
  • This may include things like payslips, bank statements, invoices, and receipts

Seek Professional Advice:

  • Consult with a qualified tax advisor. 
  • They can help you understand your options, negotiate with HMRC on your behalf, and develop a plan for getting back on track.
  • A tax professional can also help you claim any deductions or reliefs you may be entitled to, which could reduce your overall tax liability.

Communicate with HMRC:

  • If you’re unable to pay your tax bill in full, contact HMRC as soon as possible to discuss your options
  • You may be able to set up a payment plan, which allows you to spread the cost of your tax bill over a longer period
  • HMRC may also be willing to consider a settlement offer, where you pay a reduced amount to settle your debt

Prevent Future Problems:

  • Once you’ve resolved your immediate tax issues, take steps to prevent similar problems in the future.
  • This may involve setting aside money for taxes throughout the year, improving your record-keeping practices, and seeking ongoing support from a tax professional.

As your small business grows, it’s important to understand your obligations around VAT (Value Added Tax). One key aspect of this is knowing when you need to register for VAT.

VAT Threshold:

  • The current VAT registration threshold is £90,000
  • If your business’s VAT-taxable turnover (the total value of everything you sell that isn’t exempt from VAT) exceeds this threshold in 12 months, you must register for VAT.
  • You must also register if you expect your turnover to exceed the threshold in the next 30 days.

Voluntary Registration:

  • Even if your turnover is below the threshold, you can choose to register for VAT voluntarily.
  • This can be beneficial if you regularly deal with other VAT-registered businesses, as it allows you to reclaim the VAT on your purchases.

VAT Schemes:

  • Once registered, you’ll need to start charging VAT on your eligible goods and services.
  • You’ll also need to file VAT returns, typically quarterly, and pay any VAT due to HMRC.
  • Several VAT schemes are available, such as the Flat Rate Scheme and the Cash Accounting Scheme, which can simplify the process and potentially save you money.


  • It’s crucial to stay compliant with your VAT obligations once registered.
  • This includes keeping accurate records, filing your returns on time, and ensuring you’re charging the correct amount of VAT.

By working with a tax accountant, you can navigate the world of VAT with confidence and ensure that your business is meeting its obligations while minimizing any potential disruptions to your operations. 

National Insurance contributions (NICs) are a crucial part of the UK tax system, but they sometimes need to be noticed or understood. Here’s what you need to know about NICs and how they affect your taxes:

What are NICs?

NICs are payments made by employees, employers, and the self-employed to fund various state benefits, such as the NHS, state pension, and unemployment benefits.

They’re separate from income tax and are based on your employment status and level of earnings.

Employee NICs:

If you’re employed, you’ll pay Class 1 NICs through the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.

The amount you pay depends on your earnings and whether you’re in a contracted-out pension scheme.

For the 2023/24 tax year, you’ll pay 12% on earnings between £12,570 and £50,270 per year, and 2% on earnings above £50,270

Self-Employed NICs:

If you’re self-employed, you’ll pay Class 2 and Class 4 NICs

Class 2 NICs are a flat rate of £3.45 per week (for the 2023/24 tax year) if your profits are above the Small Profits Threshold (£6,725 for 2023/24)

Class 4 NICs are based on your profits, with 9% charged on profits between £12,570 and £50,270 per year and 2% on profits above £50,270

Voluntary NICs:

If you have gaps in your NI record, you may choose to pay voluntary contributions (Class 3 NICs) to maintain your entitlement to certain state benefits.

NICs and Your Taxes:

NICs are collected through the self-assessment system for the self-employed and through PAYE for employees. It’s important to ensure you’re paying the correct amount of NICs to avoid any surprises when it comes time to file your tax return. By taking a proactive approach to managing your NICs and seeking expert guidance when needed, you can ensure that you’re meeting your obligations and maximizing your entitlement to state benefits.

Not answered above?

If you need advice regarding your personal circumstances, please call our office or book an online appointment.

We are leading network of qualified accountants, tax advisors and specialist business consultants in United Kingdom

We pride ourselves as one of the emerging online accountancy and tax firms for individuals and small businesses in the United Kingdom

Get a appointment with our Expert

You can easily set appointment with one of our accountants for general questions.
Book an appointment
What our clients say

Business Credit Rating

For a few reasons, business owners might need credit. This could be a business loan or even a credit card but whatever it might be,


Different Types of UK Limited Company

There are several different types of limited companies in the UK that can be set up. There are many different factors that will help you


Tax on AirBnB Income

Airbnb has completely transformed the property rental market, and short-term lettings and holiday accommodation. Anyone with a spare room can now turn it into a